How do I set up a free in-home consultation?
To set up a free in-home consultation, please email us via our contact form. You may also contact us via text or phone at 505-709-0197.
Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
YES! We have a business license in Los Alamos. We carry liability insurance and bonding through Pet Care Insurance. Our W2 employees are also covered by Workers Compensation Insurance through Travelers.
In the event of an emergency, do you have a local vet you use?
In case of illness or emergency, we will take your animal to the vet you have listed on file. In the event your veterinarian is closed or unavailable, we may bring your pet to the nearest emergency vet.
How will I know when you have visited?
Prior to entering your home, your sitter will use our pet sitting software to notify our office that they have arrived. When the visit is complete, you will receive a visit report via text or email (your choice) stating the time we came and left, what happened during our visit, and any other important information pertaining to your pet's wellness. We almost always include a picture unless your animals are not pleased with being photographed. If you are having us visit multiple times a day and prefer to receive updates less often, just let us know and we can adjust.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept credit card, debit card, Venmo, cash and check.
Are your associates Pet First Aid and CPR certified?
Our team members go through a Pet First Aid/CPR training course through Pet Pro Hero, unless they have had prior training as a Vet Tech.
What are your Policies & Guidelines?
Below are our Policies and Guidelines which you will be asked to agree to when becoming a new client. These policies were last updated January 21, 2022. The new Cancellation Policy will go into effect March 1, 2022. Current clients will be notified by email (and if/when they logon to the Client Portal) if policies change.
2. VETERINARY CARE. RDH will attempt to contact the client prior to obtaining veterinary care. However, in case of emergency or if the client cannot be reached, client authorizes RDH employees to obtain veterinary care if deemed necessary. Client accepts responsibility for charges related to veterinary care and authorizes the care provider to use an alternative veterinarian in the event the regular veterinarian is unavailable.
3. INJURIES. Client will be responsible for medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the care provider or other persons or animal(s) caused by client’s pet. Client agrees to hold harmless the care provider in the event of a claim by any person or animal(s) injured by his/her pet. RDH carries liability insurance and workers compensation insurance for situations where their use would apply.
4. SEVERE WEATHER. RDH employees have access to AWD and 4WD vehicles in order to safely care for your animals in all seasons. However, in rare cases weather conditions may make it dangerous or impossible to reach your pets at the scheduled time. If the client is not home to provide care, RDH may contact the client’s local emergency contact or another team member who lives in walking distance in order to provide care in a safer manner with less delay. In severe weather, pets residing outdoors will be brought indoors if access to water and/or safe levels of heat or cooling are not available outdoors.
5. FENCED AREAS. While fenced-in areas are wonderful play areas for pets, no fence can be a guaranteed secure area. RDH cannot be liable for the injury, disappearance, or death of any pets who are able to destroy or escape from fenced-in areas, including electronic fences.
6. SECURITY OF CLIENT PROPERTY. RDH will make every effort to secure client property according to the client’s instructions. The care provider will not bring non-employees of RDH onto the property without client permission unless an emergency requires assistance. RDH accepts no responsibility for security of the premises if client allows other persons access to the home during pet care service periods. Client should notify the care provider if someone will be in the home and should also notify visitors that the care provider will be coming.
7. PROPERTY DAMAGE. RDH will not be held responsible for any damage to property caused by client pets. Client should advise RDH of known behavior concerns so that we can set your animal companions up for success to the best of our ability.
8. KEYS & ENTRY CODES. It is recommended keys be exchanged at the Free Consultation. There is a $10 fee if a pet sitter needs to make a separate trip to retrieve or return items outside of a scheduled pet care visit. Please let us know at the interview if key is being hidden on the property or if a lockbox/door code is being used. While we can use garage codes or clickers for entry, client understands this will not be sufficient in the event of a power outage.
9. WALKER/SITTER INTRODUCTIONS. RDH’s goal is for client pets to build a relationship with their sitter(s). The first 20-30 minute consultation with your new walker or sitter is always free. If you would like to schedule additional meetings with your sitter for you/your animals to get to know them, these will be billed at your regular rate. In the event of an emergency or sudden illness, it may not be possible for clients to meet their backup walker/sitter prior to the first visit. However, if service from the backup sitter is going to become regular, clients may request a free consultation with the new sitter.
10. SCHEDULING. To schedule or cancel a service, the client should use the Client Portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 505-709-0197.
11. CANCELING WALKS AND HIKES. As long as you cancel dog walks or hikes by 7:00 pm the day prior, you will not be charged. Walks and hikes canceled after 7:00 pm will be charged at your regular rate and your walker will be paid for setting aside the time. At RDH’s discretion, cancellations due to severe weather or emergencies may justify a free cancellation.
12. CANCELING PET SITTING VISITS AND OVERNIGHT STAYS. While we understand plans change, we do need to compensate our team members for setting aside their time. Our policy applies to the entire reservation invoice amount. More than 2 weeks notice: You will not be charged. 7-14 days notice: You will be billed for 25%. Less than 7 days notice: You will be billed for 50%. If a nonrefundable deposit has been requested (primarily for reservations during major holidays), a cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
13. TRIP MODIFICATIONS. We generally do not charge for minor updates to reservations made prior to your trip start date (adjusting by a few visits, modifying visit lengths/times slightly) -- we get that you often schedule far in advance and may not have every single detail worked out yet! If the changes are significant enough that we'll need to book you with a different sitter or make other big scheduling adjustments, we can discuss any associated fees with you before making the change.
14. SERVICE RATES. Current prices are listed on RDH’s website, www.rendijadoghikes.com. Should a client’s rates differ from these due to his/her individual situation or a company-wide rate change, the client will receive notice before service begins. Rates are subject to change if additional services are requested by the client or made necessary for the safety of client pets.
15. MONTHLY BILLING FOR REGULAR WALKS AND HIKES. For regularly scheduled walking and hiking clients, invoices are emailed at the end of each month and payment is due by the 10th of the following month.
16. BILLING FOR PET SITTING VISITS AND OVERNIGHT STAYS. Invoices will be emailed prior to your departure to confirm your reservation. While payment in advance is appreciated, we offer the option of waiting until after your trip to make your payment. Payment is due within 14 days of service completion. A late charge of 10% of the total invoice compounded daily will be assessed if payment is not received within 30 days of your due date.
17. PAYMENT METHODS. Payments can be made via Venmo, cash, check, credit or debit card. Instructions will be included with your invoice. If you would like to sign up for automatic billing with a card saved in the Client Portal, please email us at email@example.com and we will add you to our automatic payments list.
18. HOLIDAYS. An additional $5.00 per visit will be billed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, President's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, Labor Day and Indigenous People’s Day.
19. FUTURE SERVICES. Client authorizes this to be valid approval for future services so as to permit RDH to accept verbal, written or online reservations and instructions without additional contracts.